Last week, the customs officers prevented several attempts for smuggling different goods, seizing cigarettes, vehicle with smuggling bunker, motorcycle, marijuana, automobile spare parts, clothing and glasses.
The following was seized:
- 86 boxes of Marlboro, PRESTIGE, WINSSTON, PALL MALL, MONTE KARLO and RODEO BLU cigarettes with Macedonian excise stamps, found at the Skopje Alexander the Great Airport, during inspection of three bags that belonged to three Macedonian nationals who intended to travel to London. The X-ray control of their luggage resulted in detection of 33 boxes in the first, 30 boxes in the second and 23 boxes of cigarettes in the third suitcase. The undeclared cigarettes were seized and against the passengers initiated infringement procedures.
Motor vehicles and spare parts for cargo vehicles
- 1 passenger vehicle BMW X5, with a specially constructed bunker discovered by the mobile Customs Mobile Teams. On 25.02.2017 in the morning Albanian registered car, driven by an Albanian citizen arrived at the border crossing point Tabanovce Motorway. The vehicle was selected for detailed search with customs drug sniffing dog. During the inspection, the officers noticed fresh traces of alterations in the threshold of the vehicle, where they found a door, secured with screws to the chassis. When opened, the customs officers found specially constructed bunkers that can be used for smuggling of goods.
Request for initiation of misdemeanor procedure was submitted against the person.
- 1 used motorcycle, 1 air compressor and 1 air dryer for trucks, detected in two separate cases at the border crossing point Tabanovce Motorway, entrance in the country.
In the first case, during control of Macedonian van, driven by a Macedonian citizen, in the boot of the car the customs officers found 1 used motorcycle YAMAHA, disassembled
In the second case, during inspection of a Macedonian car, driven by a Macedonian citizen, in the boot of the vehicle the customs officers found 1 air compressor and 1 air dryer STRALIS for cargo vehicles.
In both cases, the undeclared goods were seized and appropriate procedures will be initiated against the offenders.
Clothes and glasses
- 55 pairs of work pants, found during inspection of goods consigned from Germany bound for an importer from Skopje - temporary import for repair, declared at the customs office Shtip. The undeclared goods were seized and infringement proceedings were initiated against the importer.
- 35 pieces of women's clothing (pants, shirts, tops, tracksuits and gown), found in a Macedonian truck, driven by a Macedonian citizen declared for entrance section at the border crossing point Dojran. The undeclared goods were found on the upper bed in the cabin of the vehicle, they were seized and appropriate action was initiated against the driver.
- 100 pairs of dioptre glasses and cases, found at the Skopje Alexander the Great Airport, during inspection of the luggage of a Swedish citizen who arrived from Gothenburg. Undeclared glasses were seized and misdemeanour proceedings were initiated against the perpetrator.
The customs officers at the border crossing point Bogorodica, prevented an attempt for trafficking 3 grams of marijuana. On 24th February 2017, in the morning, Hungarian cargo van, driven by a Hungarian citizen, accompanied by two passengers, arrived at the BCP – exit section. During the control, in a backpack that belonged to the driver, placed behind the driver's seat, the customs officers found glasses case in which there were three pipes and 3 small bags of unknown plant substance weighing about 3 grams, for which the driver said it was marijuana and that he bought it in Hungary for personal use. The case was handed over to the Ministry of Interior for further proceedings.